Have you ever had the thought of “I want to do something on my own but there are too many business ideas at home, but I’m not sure where to start ?”
It can be hard to know which one to choose and how to get started. And it’s even harder if you don’t have any experience. But there are many ways that you can learn what you need to start a part-time side income activity
Content creator for blogs or websites with AI
Starting a side business writing content for blogs can be a great way to make some extra money. It’s a relatively easy way to get started, and there are plenty of opportunities to find work. To be successful, you’ll need to develop a process for finding and pitching clients, and you’ll also need to have some good writing skills.
The first step in starting a side business writing content for blogs is to come up with some business ideas. You can use a variety of methods to come up with ideas, including brainstorming, looking at popular topics on social media, and doing competitor research. Once you have some ideas, you’ll need to decide which one is best for you.
Once you’ve selected a business idea and settled on a topic, it’s time to start pitching clients. You can reach out to potential leads using social media and email, and you might also want to use targeted advertising or cold-calling. When you pitch your services, be sure to highlight the benefits of hiring you over an amateur writer. One benefit is that you are likely to take the subject seriously, which means you’ll probably produce better results. Another is that amateurs are often more difficult to schedule work with, since they may have full-time jobs or other commitments.
One thing that makes certain services great businesses at home ideas is that you can work part-time while earning a living with another job. For example, you might be able to spend five or 10 hours working on clients during the weekend while maintaining your other job for 40 hours per week. This makes it longer to get your business started but allows you to build up revenues while keeping your day job.
Lastly, developing good writing skills is key if you want to be successful in this business. You can make money writing many different types of content, but you need to be able to produce high-quality work consistently. If you don’t have much experience yet, consider offering free sample articles to clients who are interested in your services before you pitch them on paid services.
Using AI to help you create better content, faster
Jarvis is a great AI tool for content creators because it makes it easy to produce high-quality content quickly. You can use Jarvis to create articles, blog posts, about pages, service pages, or any other content a business might need for its blog or website.
To get started, you’ll need to create a Jarvis account. Once you’re logged in, you can start creating content using pre-made templates or recipes or start from scratch
Social Media Manager for Businesses
As a social media manager, one of your main responsibilities will be to manage the social media accounts of your clients. This includes creating and publishing content, responding to comments and messages, and tracking analytics. Here are some tips for starting your own social media manager side business:
1. Choose the social media platforms that you want to specialize in. There are social media platforms for every niche out there, so choose the ones that you’re most familiar with and have the most experience with.
2. Build a portfolio of your work. This is essential if you want to attract new clients. Make sure to include examples of your best work, as well as case studies of successful campaigns that you’ve run.
3. Get social media management experience. If you already have a full-time job, social media manager positions are easy to find in most industries, so try reaching out to your place of employment to see if they would be willing to let you manage social media in exchange for extra hours or paid time off.
4. Be social! Join industry forums and social media groups to meet like-minded social media professionals.
5. Promote yourself through social media and online forums, blogs, and social bookmarking sites to get your name out there. You can also try promoting an affiliate program for social media/online marketing coursework (ex: make money selling Coursera courses ).
6. Focus on social media analytics. These skills will give you a leg up in the social media marketing industry and tend to be more difficult to come by than social media management skills.
7. Decide if you want to go the freelance route or start your own social media business. Running a social media agency is an expensive investment; make sure that this is the direction you want to go before making significant investments.
8. Consider social media automation software for social media management, at least until you have enough clients to hire additional social media managers. There are many social media tools—such as Hootsuite or TweetDeck—that allow social scheduling and management through a single interface. Others, such as Buffer or IFTTT, have other social media automation features that busy social media managers could find useful. However, many social media experts say that humans should always be involved in social management to ensure responsiveness and provide genuine social interaction.
Be a product copywriter
A product description is one way to communicate the benefits of a product or service. When writing product copy, you have two goals: to inform the reader about the product’s features so they know if it’s right for them and to convince readers that what you’re offering will benefit them in some way. Think of product copy like an advertisement: product copy should be enticing and persuasive, while product descriptions should let the product’s features shine.
A product description can include details about product material, size, packaging, etc., as long as all of the information is relevant to what readers will get out of it.
Product copy versus product descriptions
You want your product descriptions to give product information, but your product copy should be more focused on selling. You handle product copy differently depending on whether you’re writing for commercial or inspirational product descriptions.
Commercial product copy focuses first and foremost on the benefits of a product, rather than its features. So instead of talking about how many ounces are in a product container, you’ll emphasize how the product will make your life easier or help you accomplish a goal. You can still include product features, but they should be relevant to the product’s benefits and focus first on what readers get out of it.
These product descriptions need to focus on both product features (appearance, size, etc.) and product benefits (how does product will improve users’ lives).
Starting a side business writing copy for product descriptions can be a great way to make some extra money. Here are some tips for getting started:
Choose a niche. When it comes to copywriting, specializing in a particular niche can be more lucrative than writing for a variety of industries. This is because you’ll become an expert in the field and be able to charge more for your services.
Research your target market. To write effective copy, you need to know your target market inside and out. This includes understanding their needs, wants, and pain points.
Learn the basics of SEO (search engine optimization). You’ll want to apply these skills when creating social media descriptions and product descriptions, as both social media and SEO rely on keywords.
Be a Seo Expert for Websites
Starting freelancing as Seo specialist for websites can be a great way to make money from home. You can use tools like Semrush and Ahrefs to help you analyze existing sites and define a strategy to help them get better Seo rankings.
To get started, you will need a Seo report checking tool like Semrush or Ahrefs and a Seo link building software. You can use both tools for up to 10 searches a day for free so you don’t have to pay anything to get started. Once you have signed up for Seo tools, you can start analyzing Seo reports of existing websites so you know what your client Seo competitors are doing.
It’s important to be able to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in Seo, so make sure you know what you’re talking about!
How to be a Local Business Seo Specialist
Local Seo is different from general Seo, and local specialists are responsible for localizing the content of a website to meet searches like ” find a dentist near me”. Initiating local search engine optimization (SEO) is important because local businesses need to show up in search results when people are searching stores and services in the local area to stay competitive.
Use local business tools like Semrush local to rank local businesses faster on search engines. Here are some tips for getting started:
Gather all of your local SEO resources in one place. Remember that local Seo is different from general Seo, and local searches can be broad (like “find a dentist near me”) or local (like “dentists near me” or “Best local dentist”). You’ll need to localize content for local searches by focusing on the geographic location of the business. A service like Semrush that as specific local Seo tools is a great place to start because it will help you understand what people are searching for when they’re looking for local businesses.